2013 is the 200th anniversary of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, and I’m joining the celebration at Austenprose.com.
Between January 1, through December 31, 2013, participants can read, listen to, or watch movie adaptations of Jane Austen’s novel, or choose from the multitude of variations, sequels, and re-tellings.
Really, this should be a breeze for fans of Pride and Prejudice, but since I’ve never participated in a reading challenge before this year, I’m going to start off slowly, choosing a participation level of Neophyte: 1 – 4 selections.
If you’d like to participate, head on over to Austenprose.com to sign up before July 1, 2013.
There are so many, I’m having a little trouble figuring out just which novels, movies, or audio books to use for the challenge!
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – not only am I reading it, but I’m typing the whole thing out on my website! Update: I’ve had a shoulder injury and can’t type for very long, so this is on hold. (I haven’t checked for typos yet, but I will eventually.) I have to save my typing time for my new story 😉
- Pride, Prejudice, and the Perfect Match by Marilyn Brant – Review 1/19/13
- Attempting Elizabeth by Jessica Grey – Review 1/26/13
- Loving Miss Darcy by Nancy Kelley – Review 2/2/13
- One Thread Pulled by Diana J. Oaks – Review 2/17/13
- The Man Who Loved Jane Austen – Review 4/26/13
- Yours Affectionately, Jane Austen – Review 4/30/13
- I’ll be watching as many movie versions as I can lay my hands on.
I’ll update my list to include more as I read them.